Since the Festival began more than 25 years ago, we have developed this list of guidelines and helpful hints to make the most of your support:
- Tree donors – especially NEW donors – have questions regarding set-up and display. This year we will once again have an informational session at the end of October. Look for an e-mail notice for specific information.
- Artificial Trees are donations to the Methuen Festival of Trees and will be raffled.
- All items placed with the tree are part of the raffle.
- Trees should have a tree skirt, topper and lights.
- The total height cannot exceed 9″.
- Edible items, even if wrapped or boxed are not allowed.
- Loose glitter, confetti and artificial snow are not allowed.
- Spraying or hot gluing on-site is not permitted.
- To help plan for oversized displays, please submit your size and space requirements, if oversized, to the Tree Committee for approval. Please use the check box on the Participation Form and a Festival member will contact you.
- Items of value such as gift certificates or tickets should be given to a Festival Board member upon check-in. Place copies on the tree. The originals will be given only to the winners. Other ornaments or items of value should be wired to your tree.
- Each tree sponsor will be allocated approximately 4-5 hours for set-up. If you expect to need more set-up time, please note that on your registration form. Some tree donors need to visit on more than one occasion to complete their tree. While we will work to meet the needs of every donor, please keep in mind our goal to maintain appropriate physical distancing throughout the set-up period. Remember to bring a step-stool or a ladder if the size of your tree will require one.
- The Festival team will arrange the display of the trees. You will be directed to the approximate location for set-up. Depending on the size of your tree, a stand may or may not be used. The Festival reserves the right to move your tree to enhance the overall display.
- Please take all packaging and boxes with you when you leave. Do not leave anything overnight if you have not finished decorating.
- Keep in mind that trees may be viewed from all sides.
Mini Trees are a welcome addition to the Festival! They should be no more than 24” in height. Any questions regarding the Mini Trees may be directed to Janice Solomon at email@example.com