The jewel of the Edward F. Searles/Henry Vaughan collaboration is the Searles Building. Built in 1904 by Edward F. Searles as Methuen’s High School, the building is of Jacobean design and built with brick and granite with massive chimneys. After almost 70 years as a school, the building became the home of Methuen’s municipal government. The Festival of Trees provided many grants which restored the stone walls surrounding the building and the brick and granite facade.
Grant Awarded September, 2010
The project was completed August 15, 2012.