The Searles School and Chapel was designed by the preeminent English architect Henry Vaughan in the popular Gothic Revival style and donated to the Town of Windham by philanthropist Edward F. Searles in 1909. The building served as a schoolhouse until the early 1970’s. The Festival of Trees provided funding toward the restoration of the building’s historic stained glass windows.
Restoration of the Stained Glass Windows
Grant Awarded September, 2010
The project was completed August 15, 2012.