The applicant for a Methuen Festival of Trees scholarship must be a resident of the Merrimack Valley who is a high school senior or a student currently enrolled in a college program.
The criteria for selection of successful candidates include:
- Complete application
- Community and school involvement
- Grades and academic qualifications
- Financial need
- Volunteers at the Festival of Trees and/or students pursuing studies in historic preservation or related disciplines
Relatives of the Methuen Festival of Trees Board of Directors are not eligible to apply.
For a qualified candidate to be considered for a scholarship, each of the following items is required* and considered to be an integral part of the candidate’s application package:
• Completed Festival of Trees scholarship application
• Official transcript of your scholastic record (9th through first semester of 12th grade or college, if applicable)
• Résumé, including high school and/or college activities, work experience, awards, etc.
• Essay completed in 300 words or less
• Letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor or school administrator
All information will be held in strict confidence. To be considered for the scholarship, the application must be returned by April 21, 2023. Please mail the application to Methuen Festival of Trees Scholarships, P.O. Box 14, Methuen, MA 01844.
Recipients of the scholarships will be notified by May 17, 2023 and will be invited to attend the annual meeting of the Methuen Festival of Trees with their parents to accept the award. The meeting is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, June 20, 2023; however, that’s obviously subject to change. If you have any questions or have not received confirmation that we have received your application by April 30, 2023, please email