Sharon M. Pollard Preservation Award

Leadership in Historic Preservation

The Preservation Award was established by the Festival Board in 2009 to recognize individuals and organizations that have made a significant contribution to historic preservation and restoration. It was named in honor of Festival Founder and Past President Sharon M. Pollard in 2017.

First Church Group

2019 – First Church Congregational, UCC

The Festival of Trees presented its 2019 Sharon M. Pollard Preservation Award to the First Church Congregational, UCC in Methuen, MA.

Bennett Public Library Association

2018 – Bennett Public Library Association

Built in 1881 by Mrs. Eleanor Bennett in memory of her husband Joshua, The Bennett Public Library is located on the common in Billerica, MA.

East Parish Meeting House Society

2017 – East Parish Meeting House Society

The Festival’s Preservation Award was presented to the Rocks Village Memorial Association and the East Parish Meeting House Society – non-profit, volunteer-based organizations that have worked to preserve two of Haverhill’s historic treasures. 

Prior recipients of the preservation award include:

  • 2016 – the City of Methuen
  • 2016 – Union Congregational Church Restoration and Preservation Alliance
  • 2015 – Sisters of the Presentation of Mary
  • 2014 – Raymond E. DiFiore
  • 2012 – David A. D’Apice
  • 2011 – Angelo Petrozzelli
  • 2010 – Leonard Brown